Old 18-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Cass

Default Another Batch of Roses

Bob Bauer wrote:

Cass said:

The great thing about Granada is that is has strong fragrance as well,
the knock on it is that is doesn't repeat all that well.

Hey, I grow once bloomers. I can put up with a lack of bloom if, when
it blooms, I remember the last time and look forward to the next time.

Aloha because I've seen it for years and it would do so well on my wall
of shame

Some folks say that 'Aloha' is not a good repeater as well....
sorry.....

We'll see. It gets the same rebloom rating as other roses I put up
with. Oh, lookiee. Vintage has Looping! Better hustle on over there,
Bob.

Jean Kenneally because I hate minis and this is their last chance

Jean Kenneally.... the highest rated rose of all roses by the ARS. Go
figure. Sorry to report that it is a mildew magnet.

Oh great. Maybe there's still time to cancel.

It is a constant bloomer with little pink exhibition shaped hybrid tea
like blooms. And it is the tallest miniature I know of that is not a
climber. ( 6 feet tall). Grows straight up ....... very upright.
Needs deadheading for good rebloom.

I can deadhead.

All in all there are much better minis in my opinion. You should not
give up on minis!!! I'm begging you. What you really need is a visit
to Sequoia Nursery. Then you will be converted. I swear it. (Don't
judge a mini until it has been able to show you its true colors in its
third year.)

I think You would really like 'Climbing Rainbow's End'. It gets big
and shubby with long arching canes filled with hundreds and hundreds
of blooms that change color with sun exposure. From yellow to orange
to red to pink to white. Everyone should grow this one. I have 3.

Oh, all right. Stop! Would go great on the wall of shame but it's
getting crowded down there.

And you don't have Jeannie La Joie? If you like polyanthas and hybrid
musks, you'll love this one

Ja, I have two.