Old 19-06-2006, 03:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
FDR

Default Update on lawnmower problem

A few days ago I asked about a problem of stalling on my lawnmower and I got
some helpful responses that pointed to the carb. I checked for gas flow,
and it was fine. Dissassembled the carbeurator and saw rust inside on the
float hinges and the float bowl. Funny thing ws the float bowl looked dry
(no gas). I tried cleaning the rust out of the bowl, but the hinges were
impossible to rid of rust. I checked the float and in the down position gas
flowed and when raised it stopped, so it looked ok. I reassembeled the float
bowl, and checked that gas was flowing out the screw hole at the bottom
before tightening. Reassembled the mower and it would still not work.

Where do I go now? What would be the next thing to check? Or is the
problem all in the carb?

Thanks.