Old 18-06-2006, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Complete Novice and my garden is dying

"K" wrote in message
KittenHouse writes

KBellamy Wrote:
Hi,

It is very distressing to see everything dying before my eyes and I
would welcome any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks

Could be any number of reasons. Are the plants that are dying ones that
you hve planted or where they there before you moved in? If the former
most likely is that what you have planted is not compatible with the
conditions in yr garden (sun/shade, wet/free draining soil,
alkaline/acid etc) in which case it's worth investigating in some
garden books to help you choose the right plant for each location.
If they are plants that were there before you moved in then it must be
something you have done or not done (?) e.g. maybe the previous owners
watered regularly and 'cos you did not in the recent warm spell they
are suffering!

If you read the original post, it suggests these are all plants put in by
the landscaping company.

That may be the root of the problem!

Alan

--