Old 18-06-2006, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Squirrels

"greengrass" wrote in message

Josie Wrote:
This year the garden is inundated with grey squirrels. Does anyone
know
whether they take rat poison, or whether a special poison is
available?

Thank you, Joe
-- squirrels are a real pita, but don't use poisen it'll wind up killing

other wildlife or the neigbors pets. ask the neighbors to stop feeding
them or try spreading hot pepper over your beds. I just read that deer
repellant works on squirrels as well. I also read that motion activated
sprinklers will chase the little suckers away by soaking them. or get a
dog.

Much more effective is to trap the buggers and kill them.

Alan

--
greengrass