Old 19-06-2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Watering advice needed

Are you worried about the long cycle time, or by the lack of pressure?
Do you have a pressure tank in the system? Have you considered an
automatic
timer?

Both. Because of the low volume, I can't use the bubblers I initially
planned on because my pump doesn't put out enough volume to maintain the
pressure. I can't flood the beds because the water soaks into the soil
faster then my pump pumps it. I'm currently using a couple of impact
sprinklers, which actually work very well, as my pump can drive 3 at 30 psi.
Once I get a permanent system in place I can put it on a timer- I figure a
standard lawn sprinkler timer would probably work, I think I can setup 4
zones to cover everything. I'm just not sure how to get the water to the
tall stuff like corn and tomatoes.