Old 19-06-2006, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default Neighbor planted a palm on my property

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:47:12 -0400, "miamicuse"
wrote:

Just purchased a property and after doing the survey, I realized my new
neighbor planted a palm on my property...The palm is about 8 feet tall and
has a terra cotta border (round about 3 feet in diameter) with mulch. I am
planning to construct a fence which will cut right through this terra cotta
border with the palm ending on my side completely.

How should I handle this situation? I don't think it is practical to up
root the palm and plant it on their side, nor stopping and starting the
fence and leave a gap where this palm is...

MC

Best to talk about moving the palm and installing a fence with your
neighbor. My neighbor was using my yard to get to get to his
backyard, and caused a path to appear on my lawn. This put me in an
uncomfortable situation too. I talked with the neighbor about
planting a hedge along the property line, but he agreed to stop using
my lawn for access. No hedge has been needed.