Old 19-06-2006, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default little red bugs

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:14:08 -0400, "Ken"
wrote:

can anyone tell me what these little red bugs are that are on my heliopsis
plants, they are tiny but can be seen real easy ,and if you pick them they
disintigrate and you are left with red all over your fingers! are they
harmful to the plant and if so what to use to get rid of them. I have
sprayed them with plant insecticide but they keep coming back.

"Chiggers" are also called redbugs, in the spider family. Do they
have 8 legs?