Old 19-06-2006, 09:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott

Default Neighbor planted a palm on my property

"miamicuse" wrote in message
Just purchased a property and after doing the survey, I realized my new
neighbor planted a palm on my property...The palm is about 8 feet tall and
has a terra cotta border (round about 3 feet in diameter) with mulch. I

am
planning to construct a fence which will cut right through this terra

cotta
border with the palm ending on my side completely.

How should I handle this situation? I don't think it is practical to up
root the palm and plant it on their side, nor stopping and starting the
fence and leave a gap where this palm is...

MC

Negotiate with the neighbour over a coffee or beer, even if you are
technically within your rights to decide whatever you want to do without
considering them it may not be the best way to go in practice.

David