Old 19-06-2006, 06:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu

Default Raspberry help for the new beginner

Maybe they are dead? Try scraping some of them near their bases and see if you
see any green growth. If not, time to return them to the garden center for an
exchange or a refund. Be sure the replacements look alive, and follow the
planting instructions closely (proper planting depth, watering in, etc.).

Sherwin D.

new garden guy wrote:

I planted 4 raspberry plants I bought from a local garden center.Now I
believe they're called canes. They llooked like little brown sticks in
the ground, about 12 inches or so high. I planted them about 6 weeks
ago and I'm not seeing any growth at all. NO fruit, which is normal,
from what I understand, but no vegetative growth either, no leaves,
shoots, nothing

Is this normal?
Thanks