Old 18-06-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default resurrected hydrangea

In message , Sacha
writes
On 18/6/06 22:05, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , MikeCT
writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message:
snip
On Friday, we noticed a small plant (definitely a hydrangea) growing in
the place where the 'dead' plant had been.snip
You might find that the young plant is growing from part of the
original hydrangea's root left in the ground. If that's the case,
cut the little hydrangea away with the young roots.

Great Mike, thanks. I am very anxious not to do anything to upset it.

It sounds incredibly obvious, I know, but keep it watered in the meantime!

Thanks Sacha. I am doing that. (believe it or not, at times I have no
common sense to speak of but watering it has been of the essence these
last few days However, the ground where it is situated is very heavy
clay and the compost I used at the time (can't remember what it was)
seems to have disappeared into the North London clay. I suspect that
may have been the problem in the first place. Perhaps you or Ray may
have a tip or two on that subject. Clay is a huge problem here,
although roses seem to thrive in it.
--
June Hughes