Old 19-06-2006, 11:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Alan

Default weed and feed treated grass as a mulch?

Matthew Reed wrote:
A month ago my front lawn was treated with weed and feed (not that it did
any good, the weeds seemed to like it lol). Anyhow, one month, a bit of
rain, and 2 cuttings later, I would like to use the grass clippings as a
mulch in the garden.

Is it ok to use fresh cut grass as a mulch in a garden? And is there likely
to be any significant amounts of the herbicide from the weed and feed in the
grass?

If you have the time it is probably best to spread the cuttings thinly
on a compost heap and then use the rotted compost as a mulch.

Alan