Old 19-06-2006, 11:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default weed and feed treated grass as a mulch?

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
I lost the packaging, it was a small container I used onetime on the front
lawn. Ouch. I wasn't sure if the herbicide would actually go into the

grass
itself. I already put it on a small patch of corn - now we shall see

the filth I used to pur on my lawn is a general purpose lawn weed killer
which gets rid of clover, dock, thistles, dandelion, chickweed etc. It
contains the general run of the mill turf clean chemicals - mecoprop,
dicambra and MCPA. The instructions say do not use treated grass as a mulch.
You can get stronger stuff still that kills hydrocotyle, oxalis and the
like. I can't remember what was in that and don't care to either. If your
weed n feed contained any of the chemicals listed above at least 6 months
compost is strongly recommended.

rob