Old 19-06-2006, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default RHS Colour charts

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

I notice on your website, which I came across totally by accident
there's a picture -

http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk/roses/rlaperle.htm

along with the description "creamy white deepening toward the
centres".

That description seems fair enough to me.

If that's how it was described at the time they bought it
then they don't really have a leg to stand on IMO.

What are they suggesting - that they send it back and get
a refund or something ?

IME, honest but stubborn and misguided\stupid people can
be a bigger pain in the neck than outright crooks - as
they really do think they have right on their side.
And its often impossible to explain things to them and
get them to change their minds. Although your mileage may
vary. It's just fortunate that such people form a very
small minority overall.

michael adams

It is the very same picture we use on our selling labels, the last letter
indicated we should at our expense remove the "yellow rose" (which is now
20' plus) and replace same with a "white rose" i.e. physically go 150 miles
and do the planting! Still as you say such people are a tiny minority,
indeed this is the only customer we have had like it and since La Perle is
about the whitest rose I do there is little I can do to placate them.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk