Old 19-06-2006, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default One or two plants per hole? (tomatoes, peppers, etc.)

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
I've heard that you can maximize yields by growing two plants in the same
hole instead of one. I have a lot of tomatoes and peppers where there are
two side by side, and they seem to grow fine...so far. Is this true, or
should I go and thin them so that there is just one of each in each hole?
Any practical advice?

One plant per hole. If you heard the "two per hole" idea from a person with
whom you come into contact often, and need to be polite, just nod & smile
when he/she tells you things. And, pass along this tidbit to that person: A
duck's quack is one of a very small group of sounds which cannot produce an
echo.