Old 19-06-2006, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
notpastityet?

Default Strimmer with autofeed that works?

"JimP" wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve Jones wrote:

The simple answer is NO--I've had several strimmers and never had (or
heard of) any that actualy dispense line correctly. Live with it!!!!

I had a Black and Decker auto feed ( electric) about fifteen years ago. It
was a single feed line and it worked beautifully. It was a real work horse
doing jobs it was not meant to do. However, last year the engine burned out
and I tried to replace it only to find that they didnt do it any more.

I bought a flymo which looked about the same with a twin feed. Its no where
near as good.

I think the answer is that strimmers are not made like they used to be and
you will be lucky to get one that works consistently and is durable.