Old 19-06-2006, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Strimmer with autofeed that works?

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:10:48 +0100, Steve Jones
wrote:

Hi,

I've just bought a landxcape GGT600L strimmer from Argos for £30.

I bought it as it was advertised as "Automatic dual line feed".

It's junk, the line breaks every 30 seconds and the ends disappear inside
the spool. You then have to open the spool feed some line though and
start again.

So much for the automatic feed. I can't see anything that's broken, it
just doesn't work correctly. It's going back to Argos.

My question is are there ANY strimmers that auto feed reliably?

Thanks, Steve.

I have a dirt cheap (£11 IIRC) electric strimmer from B&Q. It has been
used regularly for the last two years for trimming the edge of the
lawn. Line feed works well. I don't know if you would describe it as
'auto', as it's the only one I've ever had and I don't know how other
types work, but when the line gets too short I release the trigger and
just before the head stops spinning I bash the button underneath on
something hard, like a stone or concrete path, and away it goes again.

--
Chris