Old 19-06-2006, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan

Default Gardening by the moon

My interest is more curiosity than immediate intention to put into
practice: I only get to my garden at the week end - so that if
something doesn't get done this week end, it is automatically delayed
by at least a week... If I had to factor in moon phases, I'd be
overrun with weeds, and my crops would rot on the plants, or be
consumed by ungrateful birds/slugs/and other hungry critters :-) Maybe
when I retire....
I find the topic interesting, though, and appreciate your response.
I'll read a little bit more about it.

I think that answers it. Mostly we need practices geared to the cycles
in which we operate. For people who have jobs, this involves seven day
weeks which are more or less attached to a solar annual calendar.
Those who have sufficient leisure to follow moon cycles or who are
living in a society which runs a lunar calendar may get better results,
but hey, they're not available to us weeklies anyway.