Old 20-06-2006, 12:20 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.legal,aus.politics
quietguy

Default Bad, Bad Hubby

....and women have always been opposed to male circumcision? I sort of
thought that most circumcisions would be carried out with the consent of the
mother - but of course I do not have any proof

David

Craig Welch wrote:

On 17 Jun 2006 00:21:03 -0700, "Fran" wrote:

Little Johnny Howard wrote:

If you wish to discuss social
customs and medical practices, start a new thread and we'll talk about
mastectomy, cliterodectomy and circumcision.

Not really, but in the grand scheme of things, there's little doubt
that women have been victims rather more often than perpetrators.

Oddly enough, in the case of clitoridectomies, they are both. The
evil practice is pretty much kept in place by women, to women.

--
Craig