Old 19-06-2006, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Chervil-perhaps?

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
I have a plant that has ferny foliage and a cow parsley type pink flower.
It is now seeding and the seeds taste of aniseed. This thing forms a large
evergreen clump even during frosts and springs to life early in the year
(spring)
I have always thought this was Chervil but someone has told me that
chervil is an annual and does not overwinter.
Could it be some other culinary herb?

The chervil I bought from a respected grower is an annual, it's dying off
now. The flowers are tiny and white, the plant was small. I must admit I'm
disappointed, it hasn't been worth the effort :-(

Mary