Old 20-06-2006, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
hob

Default One or two plants per hole? (tomatoes, peppers, etc.)

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
I've heard that you can maximize yields by growing two plants in the same
hole instead of one. I have a lot of tomatoes and peppers where there are
two side by side, and they seem to grow fine...so far. Is this true, or
should I go and thin them so that there is just one of each in each hole?
Any practical advice?

One plant with all the water, sun, and nutrients in its root system grows
better than two plants sharing root space, water, nutrients, and sun space.

"Two plants are worser than one." (...I had to say it... )