Old 20-06-2006, 11:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz

Default Plant identification help

Matthew Reed said:

The link should *now* work....too early in the morning to type...brain cells
not awake.

Does anyone recognize this? It's not a pepper that I recongnize, and
doesn't look like an eggplant. It came out of a tray of what was

supposed
to be peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants. I guess I could wait until it
bears fruit to see for sure, but I am rather curious. I have about a
dozen of these, and I'm wondering if it is a tai eggplant of some sort?

Not eggplant and not pepper. They're likely weeds (but still in the
nightshade family). There is a possibility of ground cherry or tomatillo.
But they look like some of the weedy nightshades the birds deposit around
my place. Healthy, though. (Mine usually look a bit shot-holed by
flea beetles.)

(attributed to Don Marti)