Old 20-06-2006, 11:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather

Default Magpies back

Good to hear they are back. Most birds seem to be seasonal to some extent
if they have the option of different habitats in the local area. I reckon
magpies can recognise individuals and know who are friends.

Strangely our resident Maggies don't want to become too friendly.
Everywhere else I have been you've only needed to feed them a couple of
times and they are friends for life - the ones here happily eat the dogs
food from the bowl by the back door, and will pick up food thrown out to
them, but won't come closer than about 20ft. In Melbourne they use to come
in to the Kitchen and sit on the bench if we left the door open - despite
two dogs and a cat.

Geoff

wrote in message
news
Hi.
If you remember, or care :-) I posted that our magpies disappeared.
Well, they're back, just as demanding and funny as ever.
Missed 'em

Tony