Old 20-06-2006, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Gardening by the moon

Cat(h) wrote:
[...]
Many thanks, Janet, Sacha, Redman and Tim, and thanks for the books and
websites recommended - all noted and bookmarked (including the French
version of the wine website, Sacha ;-)).
It seems to be worthy of a little more study.

I once had to translate for an African-French-speaker on the subject.
It was fascinating, even though I'm always sceptical about these things
("I mean, _astrology_? Grow up or get outta town!" -- as we Aquarians
always say). I can't begin to imagine the mechanism which would be
involved: after all, if the moon says "plant" and the sun says "frost",
which are you going to heed?

What I do wonder is if it's one of those things like talking to plants
or homoeopathy: it can work, but not in the way it appears to. I mean,
of course, that talking to plants implies that you're concentrating on
their welfare in all the other ways; and correctly treating animals
homoeopathically involves a full regime of appropriate individual care,
not just feeding them a chemical compound which is present only in your
imagination.

--
Mike.