Old 20-06-2006, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default Chervil-perhaps?

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

I have been munching the odd seeds for the last few years and they do taste
of aniseed. I will now desist until I am certain of the ID and will content
myself with extra portions of wild garlic.

For aniseed taste, try the ripe seeds of fennel (supposed to
supprersss appetitie as an aid to weight loss) I also enjoy a
munch-in-passing on fennel leaf, mints, chives and garlic chives.

Janet

--
Isle of Arran Open Gardens weekend 21,22,23 July 2006
5 UKP three-day adult ticket (funds go to island charities) buys entry

Fennel is supposed to also aid acid heartburn / indigestion, I take
fennel tea ( tea bags )some times it 's quite nice