Old 20-06-2006, 06:23 PM
wheator wheator is offline
Registered User

Location: Cardiff
Unhappy Robinia Trees

I have a young Robinia tree - it's just over 2 years old now and the 1st year's growth was quite vigourous and all looked well. However this year's growth seems a little strange to me - new growth seems to have started some way up the branches from last year and it has bare branches above this new growth - these bare branches above are about 12- 18 inches in length. I was wonderding if this is normal for this type of tree, and will last year's bare branches sring forth any new shoots this year?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks