Old 20-06-2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jimmy

Default Cucumber blooms: too many?

Male or female blossoms? How do I tell the difference? Do I pull which one
off or leave them on?Stuffed squash blossoms??
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jimmy" wrote:

Hi
I have Burpless cucumbers growing in half whiskey barrels. They are
starting to bloom, but there's about four or five blooms real close
together. Should they be "thinned" out or left alone? They are close to
the
bottom of the plant. The vines are about three feet tall and still
growing.

Thanks
Jimmy

Check to see if they are male or female blooms.
Excess male blooms are candidates for stuffed squash blossoms!

Deeeelicious. ;-d
--
Peace!
Om