Old 20-06-2006, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
squeezeweasel

Default little red spider like creatures in my garden

Red spider mite!
Get the hence to the home store and pick up some pyretherine spray.
It will kill them right away and hopefully get the infestation cleared
up.

Awful bloody things. I don't like using chemicals in the garden, but
ground elder, red lily beetle and red spider mite are things I make an
exception for. Chemical doom is the only way.

A friend once told me you can drown them - if they're infesting a pot
plant, you can, apparently, hold it upside-down in a bucket of water
and they'll expire. I've tried it and remain unconvinced. Go with the
spray.

--
www.gastronomydomine.com