Old 20-06-2006, 07:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
BJ in Texas

Default Asiatic Jasmine

Mike Harris wrote:
|| "OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
||| In article
||| , "BJ in
||| snicker
||| It's not THAT bad as long as it's planted in an appropriate
||| place. ;-)
||| It can be as difficult to control as, say, Kudzu.
||| --
||| Peace!
||| Om
||| "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a
||| bitch" -- Jack Nicholson
|| I have the related confederate jasmine (Trachelospermum
|| jasminoidies rather than asiaticum) growing on my fences.
|| It's evergreen, not as invasive as most vines, and unlike
|| anything else I've planted doesn't go racing to the top of
|| the fence leaving gaps down low.
|| I'll second Om's observation that it does just fine in full
|| sun, if kept watered.
|| --
|| Mike Harris
|| Austin, TX

Confederate Jasmine may be related but it is not nearly as
invasive and it also has aromatic flowers in the spring.

BJ
--
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should
relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

--
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/