Old 20-06-2006, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Gardening by the moon

On 20/6/06 16:16, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message .com
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

What I do wonder is if it's one of those things like talking to plants
or homoeopathy: it can work, but not in the way it appears to. I mean,
of course, that talking to plants implies that you're concentrating on
their welfare in all the other ways; and correctly treating animals
homoeopathically involves a full regime of appropriate individual care,
not just feeding them a chemical compound which is present only in your
imagination.

Human imagination is as limited as our senses. I agree that in
gardening, consciously making a good intention has some peculiar
effect.

Glasgow NHS has been running an entire Homeopathic Hospital for decades
btw, so successful and popular they recently built a brand new home for
it.

There was a fascinating programme on tv several years ago about a farmer
using a homeopathic remedy for his cows. I remember that it involved
putting mere drops of the remedy into the huge drinking trough but the
incidence of (I think) milk fever, dropped by something like 60% Now, the
cows didn't know they were being treated, so that can't be imagination. A
homeopath I knew gave her farming friends on Dartmoor borax to put in the
animals' drinking water and not one of those farms got F&M even though it
was raging all around them. She wasn't supposed to do it, of course but I
think by then people were desperate. And personally, I swear by arnica for
bruises.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk