Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
WD

Default Lighting

I am at the point where I need to light the tank. It's a ~40 US gallon
tank-36Lx20Hx16D., with a Eheim pro canister filter. Onyx sand, going to be
moderately planted, low bio-load. I am considering going with Power Compact,
I want to limit it to 2 bulbs, one fixture, at all costs. It's going to be
suspended from the ceiling. I have very limited knowledge of lighting, so
I'd like advice and opinions on what I need to buy, good/bad brands, etc. I
have decent mechanical/electrical experience, so buying components vs.
assembled units is fine if there is a significant cost savings.
I'm not rich, but I'd like to do this right the first time.
tia

billy