Old 20-06-2006, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Gardening by the moon

John McMillan wrote:
I think that answers it. Mostly we need practices geared to the cycles
in which we operate. For people who have jobs, this involves seven day
weeks which are more or less attached to a solar annual calendar.
Those who have sufficient leisure to follow moon cycles or who are
living in a society which runs a lunar calendar may get better results,
but hey, they're not available to us weeklies anyway.

Last year, our peas should have gone in at 2.15am .... Well, I just
planted them the following morning and got such a crop I still talk
about it.

I didn't bother buying our moon calendar this year, I like buying the
French one, but now we've got this lovely little carribean chap on our
allotment who has been yelling things for sometimes like "you plant
your corn now will ya" or "little lady don't forget your beans". It
took me until this spring to realise that he was spot on the lunar
calendar. So now, I wait till he shouts )