Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Dave Millman

Default source of nitrites.... where can I get some?

350X_Rider wrote:

I'm listening... I'm hearing everyone say add nitrites to heavily planted
tanks.... especially when algae breaks start to occur, because they've been
depleted from the water column and algae will win if the plants don't get
enough nitrite..

Where can I get some???

I swear I'm gonna get some PMDD from Dominic... I swear I am.....

Quit swearing and just do it. Sources for all the components are listed in the
PMDD FAQ:

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/pmdd-tim.html

I bought KNO3, KH2PO4 and K2SO4 from

Eco Enterprises
1240 NE 175th St. Suite B
Shoreline, WA 98155
Toll Free: 1-800-426-6937
Fax: 1-206-363-9983
In Seattle: (206) 363-9981
After Hours: (206) 525-4784
Hours: Mon. - Sat. 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time

They have a web site, but I couldn't find the dry bulk chemicals listed there.
But they sell everything by the pound, with price breaks at 5 and 50 lbs. I
ordered by phone, my order arrived promptly, with a full-color catalog listing
the bulk ingredients. They even claim to have a trace mix that works in PMDD,
but the guy who could talk intelligently about it wasn't in the day I called,
and I had some Plantex already, so it didn't matter.

http://www.ecogrow.com