Old 20-06-2006, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chervil-perhaps?

Squeezeweasel writes

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
I have a plant that has ferny foliage and a cow parsley type pink flower.
It is now seeding and the seeds taste of aniseed. This thing forms a large
evergreen clump even during frosts and springs to life early in the year
(spring)
I have always thought this was Chervil but someone has told me that chervil
is an annual and does not overwinter.
Could it be some other culinary herb?

It might be yarrow, which isn't really used as a culinary herb any
more, but used to be - it was also used as a toothache remedy. It
certainly fits the flower/foliage description, and it's a perennial.
There is a pink variety, which we have in our garden.

Does yarrow seed taste of aniseed?
--
Kay