Old 20-06-2006, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Plant identification help

Not eggplant and not pepper. They're likely weeds (but still in the
nightshade family). There is a possibility of ground cherry or tomatillo.
But they look like some of the weedy nightshades the birds deposit around
my place. Healthy, though. (Mine usually look a bit shot-holed by
flea beetles.)

(attributed to Don Marti)

I think they are tomatillo, I remember now planting some when I did the
tomatoes/peppers/eggplants. I went out and examined them and realized that
when young the leaf edges are smooth, but develop jaggies when they get
older. So both pics are indeed the same plants. Here are some more pics of
them that show the developing buds:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3532.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3536.jpg

I vote for tomatillo.