Old 20-06-2006, 11:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Default Brill reel mower best?

said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

You have a bent grass lawn?

What is bent grass lawn?

Bent grass is a kind of grass. It's usually the only grass [1] that's cut
with a reel mower. Using a reel mower on any of the more coarse grasses
will usually result in a cut you may not be happy with, as well as be much
harder on the knives, requiring sharpening more often. I suppose I should
have posed the question, "Why do you want a reel mower?".

[1]. It's not *the* only grass that can be cut with a reel mower, but reels
are more suited to bents than other types of grass.

--
Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.