Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default is my carbon insert removing nutrients I'm trying to add?

What are anyones opinions on carbon filter inserts? I'm doing PMDD right now
with traces and I'm worried that the activated carbon might be removing most
of the nutrients that I'm dosing twice a week. Could this be true? I have
been noticing much less algae growth since doing PMDD...but not enough---are
the plants being robbed of these nutrients?

Thanx!!!

P.S. I've removed the carbon insert after tonight's water change and
dosings...I'm going to try it for the next 3 weeks and see what kind of
results I get. Hopefully my water won't get yellow or anything

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape