Old 21-06-2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default This is kind of shocking to me because I've had catalogs from several of them

"Elaine" wrote in message
. ..
Yes I agree with the others. Stay far away from them. Check out the
watchdog on mail order nurseries at www.davesgarden.com.
Elaine

What growers do you recommend that aren't too pricey?

I don't think davesgarden.com likes Gilbert H. Wild in Sarcoxie MO
either, and I was wanting to order some lily bulbs and peony plants from
them, used to get their catalog for years but never ordered because I
didn't know where to put them. Now I do.

"Rick & LeeAnn" wrote in message
Hi,
Has anyone here had any experience with Spring Hill? I remember years
ago, people being ripped off by Michigan Bulb. Looking through the SH
catalog, the prices seem to be *really* low, and the saying "If
something seems to be too good to be true, it usually is." keeps
running through my mind! I would appreciate any info, pro or con that
anyone can give.
Thanks!
Lee Ann