Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
David Wee

Default DIY CO2 Mixtu A definitive Answer?

In article om,
Robert Flory wrote:

"David Wee" wrote in message
70% Water by volume, 25% Sugar by volume + 3% Yeast by volume + 2% Baking
Soda by volume.

Your are making the mistake if thinking the recipe is exact, I suspect
everyone uses something just a bit different. Heck try jello ;-) It is
supposed to work.

Yeah, I know. Rather, I just realized that after doing some more reading.

Perhaps i could get a comment on the current recipe/technique Im using
right now

1. Warm up water with the stove. Dissolve sugar in it.
2. Cool it down by adding cold water to the sugar water.

3. Seaparately, in the bottle, I add a pinch of yeast + about a teaspoon
of baking soda + two teaspoons of flour + more cool water.

4. Mix it up in the bottle.

Comments? Does this sound okay? Im using the flour because I read flour
gives some longetivity and increased yeast activity.