Old 21-06-2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mark

Default I have found free mulch, how about plant food? Should it really be that complicated?

I have found that in my city there is a free mulch. You can go to a
city dump and they will not only give you free mulch, but will load it
for you on your truck.

Now, I am sorry, probably I should read, but I do not have time.
And the answer should be pretty simple and not require too much time.
So, the mulch I was told is just to cover the soil. This is not food
for plants. Correct?

But I understand that nobody lives without food. So. What should I feed
my plants with. Something good, cheap, and that does not require too
much of time. Also, I can not afford waiting for the food next 6 monts
to be ready. It should be now because I have planted already
vegetables, and have watered them last couple of days.

Now here are the questions?

1. How frequently should I feed one e.g. tomato plant? 1 Corn Plant?
2. How much food should I give to it. 1 tablespoon? 1 quart?
3. When should I do it? In the morning? After coming from work?
Thanks a lot?