Old 21-06-2006, 12:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
willshak

Default Lawn Mower Engines Seem So Picky

wrote:
Thanks for the tips. By the way, what about an ELECTRIC lawn mower? I
do realize they are less powerful, and that is worth remembering as I
also can become tempermental (although not to the point of destruction)
with a lawn mower that keeps having to be restarted because it can't
cut the mustard (or grass, as it were).

But what about an electric lawn mower? I do have 3/4 of an acre, and
lots of orange cord. I do actually have an electric chainsaw, and while
it's not as powerful as a gasoline I LOVE how it immediately fires
right up without hesitation.

LRH

My Aunt had an electric mower, and since she was 80 YO, I used to travel
to her house and mow the lawn once a week. Her yard was very small and I
guess no more than a quarter acre. Small front yard and larger back yard
with a couple of trees and bushes. It was such a pain in the ass
relocating and moving that heavy cord around that I couldn't imagine
using it for any larger lawns.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY