Old 21-06-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Citrus Leaf Yellowing

On 21/6/06 18:38, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

John wrote after
Nick Maclaren wrote:

Check over-watering, use of alkaline water and something eating the
roots. You are probably overfeeding it, too - citrus do fairly well
on benign neglect.

Once I went over to summer feed, I was getting some leaf drop,
especially on branches that bore fruit. I assume this is down to
over-watering. I didn't water until the top surface dried out, but it
looks like I will have to neglect the plant.

However, I have plenty leaf growth on newer branches.

Some brochures state that citrus should be watered every week in summer?

I usually grow Bizzy Lizzies in the citrus pots and water when they start to
wilt.
Looks pretty and does a good job as an water indicator.

What an interesting idea, Bob! It's a bit like wine growers planting roses
at the end of the rows of vines because the roses 'catch' blight first.
They're a sort of sacrificial anode, I suppose!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk