Old 22-06-2006, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

Default Big healthy looking tomato plants but no fruit!

Licorice Tattoo wrote:

I know this has been posted about before but I am looking for some more
opinions on the subject. I've got two Big Boy tomato plants that I
bought when they were about an inch tall and I planted them in big
pots. They have grown into big sturdy plants, but I have no tomatoes,
not even a small one yet. The flowers turn brown and fall off. Can
someone give me some ideas?? I was looking forward to homegrown
tomatoes this summer. I live in St. Louis, MO, and its been nice and
sunny and warm, and I know they've gotten enough water. I also am
pretty sure I am not overwatering because I had to adjust my watering
since the soil was drying out.

Thanks!

Blossom Drop! (Cool name for a irritating problem

The problem is usually a result of some sort of stress.

What kind of fertilizer have you been using and how often?

What kind of soil do you have in the pots?

Are they outdoors?

Have there been temperature extremes between night and day?

Has the night temps gone below 55F?

Has it been overly humid or overly dry?

Is there anything you can think of that may have interfered with
pollination?

Any insect damage?

Have you removed any part of the plant (aside from young suckers)?

..

Zone 5a in Canada's Far East.