Old 21-06-2006, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default A bit behind this year.

In article ,
"Alan Holmes" writes:

| My first early pots are just begining to show, put the second earlies in
| about a week ago, and today planted the maincrop!
|
| And discovered a few tomatoes begining to form.

A BIT!

My first broad beans are showing pods, but the only things I have cropped
are rocket, goosefoot (self-sown), spinach and strawberries. I haven't
even planted out my warm-weather crops yet, and most are 1" high. What
is more, 75% of that was NOT me being late, but the catastrophicly cold
spring.

Dammit, I lost 90% of my broccoli due to the winter and have had to sow
my French beans FOUR times, because they rotted due to the cold (UNDER
GLASS) :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.