Old 21-06-2006, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default A bit behind this year.

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Alan Holmes" writes:

| My first early pots are just begining to show, put the second earlies
in
| about a week ago, and today planted the maincrop!
|
| And discovered a few tomatoes begining to form.

A BIT!

My first broad beans are showing pods, but the only things I have cropped
are rocket, goosefoot (self-sown),

What's goosefoot?

I've lifted a few very small potatoes because they were in the asparagus
bed, greenhouse tomatoes are about three mm diameter (the biggest!), I'm
cropping lettuce leaves every couple of days from the greenhouse. Other
small saladings are useful, otherwise rocket, Easter ledge, endive and some
very small yellow courgettes have been eaten to date. Lots of herbs of
course but the chervil is just about gone. Oh, and a few strawberries but I
only have one plant. The gooseberries are all but ready but there aren't
many, we moved the bush last autumn.

But it's all coming on splendidly!

I tell myself.

Mary