Old 22-06-2006, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default allotment almost in my grasp :)

"La Puce"wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
Lots of plots spare around here, only about half of our site is taken and
at
the last site we ended up with 4 plot holders on a 9.6 acre site. Maybe
something to do with the price the Council charge, £80 pa for the normal
10
sq rods.

We're full on ours. We've got a annual do coming up and my husband has
made a huge wooden sign to celebrate the society centenary. But 80
squids per year is abominable. We pay 17 pounds per year for a 10 rods
!!! Where is your lotty located? Buckingham Palace's grounds?!?!?

No, almost at the M25 and M3 junction (Thorpe interchange) as you come off
the M3 north bound to go towards Heathrow. In the winter we can see the
vehicles on the slip road across the stream and field beyond, now the trees
hide them and us.
Amazing the number of vehicles with flat tyres that belt along the M25!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden