Old 22-06-2006, 11:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dionysus

Default How to Kill a Tree

They (The City) don't seem to object to old tires, used oil tanks, rear axles of trucks, old air conditioners, other trash of assorted flavours being placed on that same property that is overgrown with invasive weeds. They also don't object to the city draining the municipal pool on this piece of land and also routing street rainfall runoff here also. The original poster said he replanted with other trees. Since you do not know the particular situation, perhaps you should withhold judgement.

"bizbee" wrote in message ink.net...
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:30:20 -0400 in
, "Paul E. Lehmann"
graced the world with this thought:

There are a couple trees on unkept city property adjacent to my house. The city does not maintain this area at. A few years ago they ojected to me cutting down a few trees even though they don't mow or even pick up trash and litter in this area and the trees were trash trees. Before they found out that I had cut them down I had already replanted with Cherry tree and other attractive trees.

There are still a couple trees that are shading my backyard vineyard. I believe they are black locust. Is there an easy way to kill these trees? They are at least 40 feet tall and probably close to 8 to 10 inches in diameter. I would like to turn them into woodpeckers heaven - dead trees.

Gee, it's really hard to believe the city would object to you cutting
down trees that don't belong to you...