Old 22-06-2006, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default allotment almost in my grasp :)

Bob Hobden wrote:
Colin wrote ...
Not quite as close as I thought. Apparently I'm next on the list BUT

Some people have gone to that big allotment in the sky but they need to
wait until the families have decided what to do with the plots ( they
have paid up until Sep).
Also some people will need to give up soon due to ill health.
So still waiting but next in line

It's just a shame that you can only get a plot by dead man shoes or
someone being ill
would rather I got one through nicer circumstances !

Lots of plots spare around here, only about half of our site is taken andat
the last site we ended up with 4 plot holders on a 9.6 acre site. Maybe
something to do with the price the Council charge, £80 pa for the normal 10
sq rods.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

The site I'm trying to get on is ancient common land run by a poors
charity and I think the costs are around £28 per year.

From what I'm told it's much better that the council run allotments we

have round here & some of the council ones charge around £45 per year
(ones with water etc)