Old 23-06-2006, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
miamicuse

Default Tree trimming service - difference?

I need some tree service done to a property. Two black olive trees need
pruning/trimming/cleaning, one mango tree and oak tree was severly damaged
by hurricane Wilma to the point they are beyond recovery need to be cut down
and removed. A bottle brush that toppled need to be removed also.

I looked up three companies in the yellow pages and asked them to provide a
free estimate.

Company 1:
Clean/prune black olive tree: $450 per tree
Cut down damaged oak: $350
Cut down mango: $350
Cut down bottle brush: $200
Haul & disposal: $800
Total: $2600

Company 2:
Mango cut and haul: $850
Oak cut and haul: $150
Black olives trim: $750 each
Bottle brush cut and haul: $150
Total: $2650

Company 3:
Quoted me a lump sum of $1000 to do everything include hauling away.

Company 1 and 2 have pretty close bottom line. But look at the trim fee for
the black olives, $450 vs $850 each, why such drastic difference?

and company 3? So much cheaper?

How do I make comparisons? I have no knowledge of any of these companies?
Don't know if they are reputable or not.

Any advise on questions to ask them?

MC - location in Miami, FL zone 10