Old 23-06-2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
D.Reid

Default I have found free mulch, how about plant food? Should it really be that complicated?

"Mark" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have found that in my city there is a free mulch. You can go to a
city dump and they will not only give you free mulch, but will load it
for you on your truck.

Now, I am sorry, probably I should read, but I do not have time.
And the answer should be pretty simple and not require too much time.
So, the mulch I was told is just to cover the soil. This is not food
for plants. Correct?

But I understand that nobody lives without food. So. What should I feed
my plants with. Something good, cheap, and that does not require too
much of time. Also, I can not afford waiting for the food next 6 monts
to be ready. It should be now because I have planted already
vegetables, and have watered them last couple of days.

Now here are the questions?

1. How frequently should I feed one e.g. tomato plant? 1 Corn Plant?
2. How much food should I give to it. 1 tablespoon? 1 quart?
3. When should I do it? In the morning? After coming from work?
Thanks a lot?

If you really wanna feed the garden...bury fish guts!...head...bones and
all. I deepsea fish out of Florida. We usually bring home BIG fish and
fillet them most of the time. Whats left gets buried in the garden. It goes
nuts! Citrus tree's plums...figs...you name it. They love fishguts!

Now if I can just keep the bugs out of my veggies!
Dave...Down in Florida