Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Michael Berridge

Default Electric chain saws

Norman Sandland wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone had any experience of electric chain saws? I have a couple

of 30
foot columnar/ pyramid conifers which consist of multiple trunks up to

about
6 inches diameter. I can remove the foliage with loppers but will an
electric chain saw be man enough for the multiple trunks. I do not

want to
spend a fortune for a more powerful petrol chainsaw since |I do not

have any
large trees to control.

My advice is DON'T use a chainsaw, of any type, unless you are fully
trained. they are a very dangerous tool, and you really do need all the
protective clothing and helmet, even on ground force the only one who
uses a chain saw is Charlie, and that is, as AT says, because she has
had full training and has a certificate o competency.

I cut several 40' leylandiis down using a bow saw, took a couple of days
all told, but a lot safer that a chainsaw, particularly if you have to
be on a ladder.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk